We are proud of our city.
Nashville is known around the world as ‘music city’ and is regarded as one of the cultural centers of America.
At Grand Avenue, we specialize in Nashville Ground Transportation, but we also want to show off our city. That’s why we’ve put together an amazing group of tours.
As promised in last week’s blog post, we’ll be talking about each tour in more depth, and today we want to talk about The Civil War Tour.
The Civil War plays a huge part in the history of any US city, and Nashville is no different.
The Civil War Tour is a unique opportunity to see Nashville’s history from the luxurious comfort of one of our chauffeur-driven cars.
The Host – Robert Hicks
We’ve teamed up with New York Times Bestselling Author, Robert Hicks to be your host and tour guide. We couldn’t let just anyone tell you all about Nashville’s Civil War history.
His novel, The Widow of The South, has gained worldwide acclaim for bringing the area’s history to life.
If that hasn’t sold it to you, here’s a few more facts about Robert.
- He was named #2 in the top 100 Reasons to Love Nashville by Nashville Lifestyles Magazine.
- He was named “Tennessean of The Year” by The Nashville Tennessean.
- He is a New York Times Bestseller.
- He has his own whiskey called Battlefield Bourbon.
- BB King called him “Curator of Vibe”
This really is an unequalled opportunity to learn about Nashville’s role in the American Civil War.
Robert’s personal tour through Nashville and Franklin will bring the Battle of Franklin to life. He will tell you about the five hours of bloodshed and the aftermath. His personalized stories of bravery, from both the military men fighting the battle and the civilians helping the wounded will bring tears to your eyes.
What Do You Get?
- Chauffeur-driven transportation – there’s no better way to learn than from the comfort of one of our executive luxury vehicles.
- Tour Guide Robert Hicks – this is your only chance to learn from an expert like Robert.
- A signed limited-edition copy of “The Widow of The South” – another unique addition to this tour! You won’t be able to put this book down when you get home.
- 4-hour tour – there’s plenty of bang for your buck – you will go home an expert of the Nashville’s part in the Civil War.
Over the next few weeks, we will be looking at our other unique Nashville tours in more depth.
There is no other way to explore and discover a city’s story and history than a city tour. Explore the Music City with our Nashville Tours. Visit our website to find out more about our Nashville Ground Transportation services and be driven!