I was out and about this weekend hanging at the tee box on the 14th hole at The Tennessee Golf Club this past Sunday and Monday because Grand Avenue was a part of the Vince Gill Pro-Celebrity Invitational.
The Vinny is a annual golf tournament that supports junior golf prgorams across Tennessee. Every dollar collected goes is donated.
I, and my esteemed colleague and fellow blog contributor Jason Trotter, were tasked with parking the latest addition to our fleet – a Lexus LS460 – at this hole. Our job for the day was to engage the golfers about our services and explain to them that if they got a hole-in-one on this par 3 that they would instantly win $20,000 in chauffeured services.
Here’s what I learned:
- Even amazing golfers hit the sand trap.
- Being a celebrity does not necessarily make you a good golfer.
- You cannot judge a good golfer by the cover. Every time I thought “This guy will be good,” based on his appearance I was dead wrong. They come in all shapes, ages and sizes.
- Young golfers swing ten times harder than older golfers. And that’s not a good thing.
- The Lexus is a golfer magnet. They loved it.
- Vince Gill looks thinner in person.
- None of them knew that a limousine service can be worldwide, like ours. We’re not just a Nashville limo service.
No one ever made the hole in one, however one golfer got within 3 feet. And I’m happy to report my interest in the game of golf has been renewed. If these guys get away with hitting it into the water from time to time, then maybe I still have a shot at some success. Thanks to Vince and the folks at the Invitational for welcoming us and for restoring the game’s appeal – maybe I’ll hit the driving range this weekend!
Tags: chauffeur, chauffeured transportation, Nashville, tennessee, tn, transportation service